With a full time job I am always running short on time but still crave crafting time- so I’m all about the quick DIY projects. I have been neglecting my sewing machine of late so I decided to dust her off and play around a bit. I did a super simple headband that is sew easy anyone can do it! Yes, I love puns, I apologize. You can use an old t-shirt or fabric scraps but a stretchier fabric like a jersey knit works best.
1. Measure around your head where you want the headband to sit.
2. Cut out two pieces 5 inches wide x your head measurement from Step 1. For example, my measurement was 23 inches (yep, I have a giant head) so I cut two identical pieces of my fabric at 5 x 24.
3. Fold each piece in half lengthwise and sew the edges together forming two tubes.
4. Turn the two tubes inside out to hide the seam. Then twist the two pieces together, making an X.
5. Join the four ends and sew them together.
Turn the headband inside out so the seam is hidden and you are done! With the cutting and everything the headband only takes about ten minutes to make. It is super comfy and helpful for those bad hair days. Next I want to play around with some fun prints. Looks like I have some jersey knit shopping in my future!
love and candy,