Last weekend we went to the Rose bowl flea market to check off #8 on my summer bucket list. Wow. I knew the flea market was large but it was way bigger than I remembered! There was stuff everywhere. Lots and lots of stuff. Some cool stuff like old camera lenses and vintage furniture. Some weird stuff like used dentures and an old CPR practice doll. And then every kind of stuff in between! If you are looking to go here are some ways to make the most out of it:
1. Wear sunscreen: It was HOT out there. No shade in sight.
2. Bring sustenance: If you are a go getter you might be there a while- they did have some vendors selling your usual stadium fare of hot dogs and popcorn but if you would rather spend your money on vintage goods than overpriced food I recommend bringing a snack.
3. Take a reusable bag or cart: Most vendors offer plastic bags but it gets hard to hold things- especially if you buy something heavy.
4. Get there early. Or late: it gets super crowded and the best items are picked off in the morning, and best deals are available at the end of the day.
5. Bring cash: You will need it! There are ATMs around but who wants to pay fees?
Here is the website if you want more info and dates.